top of page
1. No Costume is not a costume. All cosplayers must maintain a minimum bathing suit coverage.
2. Body Makeup: Makeup that easily smears or transfers to any person or property cannot be worn.
Please properly seal and set all makeup so that does not happen. Staff reserves the right to “smear
test” for proper setting of blood or makeup. If your makeup does not comply you will be asked to
remove the makeup.
3. Military Dress: If you intend to wear a uniform that appears realistic, distinguish that it is a costume. If
your costume could be mistaken for current military or law enforcement, it is prohibited. No gang
signs, no racist symbols. Emblems of genocide are prohibited.
4. Weapons: All weapons must be inspected, approved and tagged by SEGE Staff prior to being carried
or displayed in public areas. If you are found to be in violation of this policy, you will be asked to take it
back to your hotel room or vehicle. SEGE Staff reserves the right to deny any/or all weapons/props
not deemed appropriate and/or safe. The following projectile weapons are NOT permitted at the
Southeast Game Exchange: dart guns, bb guns, crossbows, and real firearms. Judges and staff of
Southeast Game Exchange reserves the right to deem costumes inappropriate and disqualify them
from the cosplay contest.
Judges and staff of Southeast Game Exchange reserve the right to deem costumes inappropriate and disqualify them from the cosplay contest.
Scoring is based on 3 criteria:
1. Accuracy to the character (how close your costume looks to the character)
2. Craftsmanship (how well the costume is built)
3. Presentation (do you BECOME the character while in costume)
Judging for the contest will include filling out a short form with your name and the character you are portraying.
Contestants will be divided into their categories prior to the contest and will have the opportunity to walk
across the stage. If you are not lined up in your category when the contest starts, you will be eliminated from
the contest. Each contestant will have a short period of time to portray the character while on stage. The
judges may take a quick photo of the cosplayer for future reference and may ask the contestant a few
questions about your costume. Once everyone at the end of the contest, scores will be tallied and the
winners will be announced.
bottom of page